2011 Money Market Funds Summit
May 16, 2011
On May 16, 2011, the Investment Company Institute hosted the Money Market Funds Summit, which focused on important developments in the money markets since the financial crisis, at the St. Regis Hotel in Washington, DC. This high-level event brought together money market professionals, analysts, policymakers, investors, and issuers for an in-depth discussion and exchange of ideas.
The current state of the money markets;
- The global money market fund industry;
- Progress to date in strengthening money market funds; and
- Current policy debates over next steps to further bolster money market funds’ resilience to severe market stress.
OPENING KEYNOTE SPEAKER:
- F. William McNabb III, Chairman and CEO, Vanguard Group
- Doug Holtz-Eakin, President, American Action Forum
ADDITIONAL FEATURED SPEAKERS INCLUDED:
- Travis Barker, Chairman, Institutional Money Market Funds Association, London
- Anthony Carfang, Partner and Director, Treasury Strategies, Inc.
- Lou Crandall, Chief Economist, Wrightson, ICAP, LLC
- Andrew J. “Buddy” Donohue, Partner, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP and former Director, SEC’s Division of Investment Management
- Eric R. Sirri, Professor of Finance, Babson College
- Paula Tkac, Vice President and Senior Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta