ICI & IDC Webinar on Recently Adopted SEC Money Market Fund Reforms
The Investment Company Institute and the Independent Directors Council hosted a webinar on March 5, 2010, on the SEC’s newly adopted rules, rule amendments, and form governing money market funds. The webinar was designed for money market fund professionals. Independent directors interested in learning more about the new money market fund reforms, including their new responsibilities, also may benefit from participation.
- Scheduled speakers included:
- Karrie McMillan (moderator), General Counsel, Investment Company Institute
- Jane Heinrichs, Senior Associate Counsel, Investment Company Institute
- Stephen A. Keen, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
- Nancy D. Prior, Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Research, Fixed Income Division, Fidelity
- Discussion of the SEC’s new set of rules governing money market funds and their potential impact on the fund industry.
- SEC's plans for a second rulemaking later this year and what it could mean for the future of money market funds.