ICI Webinar on Fund-to-Fund Transfers of Retirement Assets: DTCC's Improved ToRA Service
The Investment Company Institute hosted a webinar on September 8, 2010, from 2:00-3:30 p.m. (EDT) on the DTCC's ToRA Service. The webinar helped existing ToRA users gather more insights on the system's enhanced capabilities and provided new ToRA users with the tools needed to develop a successful, automated process for fund-to-fund retirement transfers. The webinar featured speakers from the ICI Transfer Agent Advisory Committee representing fund companies, industry service providers, and the DTCC. The webinar was designed for operations professionals at mutual fund companies and their service providers.
- Scheduled speakers included:
- Diane Butler (moderator), Director-Transfer Agency and International Operations, Investment Company Institute
- Rita Gribben, Director-WMS Product Management, DTCC
- Thomas Schmidt, Vice President, DST Systems, Inc.
- Beth Walker, Project Manager-Distribution Services, SunGard
- Adrienne Wassell, Supervisor-Retail Operations Processing, Vanguard
- Gloria White, Vice President-Director Operations, Capital Group Companies
- Topics discussed:
- An overview of the ToRA Service and the benefits of utilizing the system
- The goals identified and achieved by the ICI Transfer Agent Advisory Committee ToRA Task Force
- DTCC resources available to ToRA users, including an overview of recent enhancements to the system
- Steps funds can take to maximize their ToRA usage
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION (CPE) CREDIT
Upon completion of the program, participants were eligible for approximately 1.5 hours of CPE credit. The Investment Company Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to NASBA, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417; www.nasba.org.
Learning Objectives: Assisted participants in their ongoing efforts to improve the automation of fund-to-fund transfers of retirement assets through the DTCC ToRA Service by providing information on new system functionality and additional resources available to ToRA users.
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Mode: Group internet-based course. No prerequisites or advance preparations were necessary for this webinar.
Advance Preparation: No advance preparation was required.
CPE Credits: 1.5