ICI Webinar on RIC Modernization Act of 2010
ICI hosted a webinar on February 7, 2011, from 1:00–2:30 p.m. EST about the Regulated Investment Company Modernization Act of 2010 that was signed into law on December 22, 2010. The Act streamlines and updates technical tax rules in ways that will make funds more efficient and reduce the need for investors to file amended tax returns.
- Slides (pdf)
- Text of the 2010 RIC Modernization Act (pdf)
- ICI’s Memo about the RIC Modernization Act
- Keith Lawson, Senior Counsel – Tax Law, ICI (Moderator)
- Gwen Shaneyfelt, Senior Vice President – Global Taxation, Franklin Templeton Investments (and Chair, ICI Tax Committee)
- Stephen Fisher, Senior Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Fidelity Investments
- Shawn Baker, Traditional Funds Tax Leader, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- William Paul, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
- the Act’s provisions and effective dates
- implementation action items
- interpretive issues that might arise
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION (CPE) CREDIT
Upon completion of the RIC Modernization Webinar program, each participant will be eligible for approximately one (1) hour of CPE credit.
The Investment Company Institute is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to NASBA, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417; www.nasba.org.
Learning Objective: To assist participants in implementing the RIC Modernization Act. The webinar will review the Act’s provisions, steps to be undertaken to benefit from the Act’s simplifications and enhancements, and interpretive issues that may require additional consideration. Industry members’ and their advisers’ perspectives will be presented.
Program Level: Basic
Delivery Mode: Group-Internet Based
No prerequisites or advance preparations are necessary for these programs.
CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION (CLE)
The RIC Modernization Webinar program has been approved by the State Bar of California for CLE credit. Application for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) approval will be submitted by ICI to Illinois. This program should qualify for approximately one (1) hour of CLE credit. Because the credit requirements vary from state to state and are governed by different regulatory agencies, we suggest that you contact your governing body to learn if this program meets your individual requirements.