ICI Webinar on Cost Basis Reporting: Preparing for Tax Reporting Season
ICI hosted a webinar on July 17, 2012, from 1:00–2:30 p.m. (ET), on the impact of cost basis reporting on tax reporting by mutual funds and their investors. This 90-minute webinar was designed for mutual fund operations and tax compliance professionals.
The webinar focused on:
- The effect of the mandatory cost basis reporting rules on information reporting by mutual funds and their shareholders, with an emphasis on IRS Forms 1099-B and 8937
- Examples demonstrating the cost basis reporting process, from calculation by the fund to reporting by the shareholder
- Open issues faced by the industry
- Jeff Cook, Director of Regulatory Compliance, DST Systems, Inc.
- Karen Gibian, Associate Counsel, Tax Law, ICI
- Tony Lam, Associate Tax Counsel, T. Rowe Price
- Catherine Taylor, Vice President and Tax Counsel, Ameriprise Financial, Inc.