Webinar on Board Oversight of Alternative Investment Funds
On March 5 at 2:00 p.m. (ET), IDC hosted a webinar to discuss trends in alternative investment strategies for registered funds. An increasing number of alternative funds have launched in recent years, as both investors and fund sponsors have shown growing interest in these products. The panel discussed trends in alternative investment strategies and compliance and board oversight considerations in moving from traditional to alternative funds.
The webinar covered the following topics:
- Trends in alternative funds (e.g., long/short funds, market neutral funds)
- Compliance and regulatory considerations, such as leverage limitations, valuation, and liquidity
- Practical guidance for board oversight of alternative investment strategies
- Ralph F. Verni, Independent Director, Eaton Vance Funds
- Elizabeth Reza, Partner, Ropes & Gray LLP
- Robert R. Leveille, Chief Compliance Officer, Putnam Investments
This webinar was closed to the media.