Webinar on Superstorm Sandy: Emergency Planning and Lessons Learned
On February 7, 2013, IDC hosted a webinar on Superstorm Sandy. Participants had the opportunity to discuss emergency planning, focusing on core items that should be considered by independent directors and included in a fund’s policies and procedures. The panel covered other associated issues, such as valuation and communications with the fund’s adviser and service providers, which were brought to the forefront during and following Superstorm Sandy.
The webinar covered these topics:
- Lessons learned from the storm regarding the scope, implementation, and testing of funds’ emergency planning/business continuity policies and procedures
- Handling valuation issues during an emergency event
- Communications between the fund’s board, adviser, and other service providers
- Issues raised by market closings
- Amy Lancellotta (Moderator), Managing Director, Independent Directors Council
- Diane Ambler, Partner, K&L Gates LLC
- Joe Carrier, Chief Risk Officer, Legg Mason, Inc.
- Peter Salmon, Senior Director, Operations and Technology, Investment Company Institute
- Tracy Shelby, Managing Director, U.S. Mutual Fund Transfer Agency Services, Boston Financial Data Services, Inc.
This webinar was closed to the media.